Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Lots of news!


Last weekend was a BIG weekend for us! We had our appointment that was supposed to give us time to see the baby and check the growth, as well as finding out the gender.

The fabulous picture the doctor gave us. /sarcasm

The appointment was horrible. We arrived early and still had over an hour wait. They put us in a room without an ultrasound machine and then had to move us after we sat in there for 10 minutes. There was a tech who was doing the ultrasound and she didn't even know how to work the machine! It was awful! Then the doctor came, took maybe less than a minute look at the baby, confirmed the baby has two legs and gave a confident guess that it was a girl. I don't know how he guessed. He literally did not look at the baby for anything. Being over 19 weeks at the time, we hadn't done a lot of the things we should have by now. Glucose test and baby anatomy scan, to name a few. I felt, as this is our first baby, like we didn't matter. We have no idea what to expect at these and people ask us, "Oh. Have you had this done? Or this? Or this?" And it's awkward to answer no when it seems like it should be important. And the questions I ask him, he shrugs off. "I don't know." And I complained about not being able to get a hold of him for anything I have questions for, no returned calls in 24-48 hours. He said that's unreasonable and shouldn't happen again.

Of course it won't, we've decided to switch doctors. I'll explain why in just a moment.

Feeling unsure, we go to breakfast. We eat and look at some options for getting 3D/4D ultrasounds. We find a great deal and were able to get in the same day! What a FANTASTIC decision. I highly recommend Ultrasona in Columbus to anyone who asks. Our package for $125 was to include: 10-15 minute 3D/4D session, DVD with live motion from the session, CD with all the images from the session, a Build-A-Bear heartbeat bear with the recording of your baby's heartbeat from the session, 4 color 3D/4D photos and 4 black & white, gender determination and level 1 measurements. Well, I will say this... We got a lot more.

The baby was awake and moved the whole session. She gave the ultrasound tech a lot of problems. The tech kept laughing and said, "Wow. We didn't know we were going to have YOUR baby today!" The baby kept putting it's butt in the way, blocking her view from seeing the gender. This woman was highly determined in giving a 100% accurate gender determination answer. So our session was about 45 minutes to an hour long. A lot of time to see our baby. We got more pictures than what was said in the ad. We did only get 4 color prints which is okay. We have the originals on a CD if needed.

Now why are we switching doctors? She checked the baby's heartbeat and rate. Then asked, "Is this what the baby has been registering at the doctor appointments?" ... The last time her heart rate was taken was May 13th. The doctor hasn't been checking that. "...Okay. How about the level 1 measurements? Are they close to this?" We haven't those done. Then she highly recommended we have a level 2 measurement done but everything looked like it was on track to her. We asked about different doctors and if she knew of any. She gave us a few and we were extremely grateful. Bye, bye Complete Healthcare for Women. Hello new doctor somewhere else.

Now to the good stuff!





















It's a GIRL! We've already decided on a name. Her name will be Addilyn Angel Reed. Angel is my mother's middle name that passed away in 2007. And our announcement photo!


I have also uploaded the video to Youtube so family and friends could see our little Mexican bean! You get to see her kick me, hiccup, move constantly and drink amniotic fluid. 


How am I doing these days? Pretty good. Breathing is a lot better than is was but it's still uncomfortable if I assert myself too much. Heartburn is crazy bad. She kicks me nonstop throughout the day. I felt her kick me through my belly. Just trying to get it to where Daddy can feel. It feels like she is sitting pretty low so it might be a few more weeks. :) 

Now we're waiting for 30-32 weeks to have this all done again. 

Until next time!





















0 comments on "Lots of news!"

Post a Comment

 

Our Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez