Let's see what updates I have for you...
I got fired on Monday, August 11th from my job. The manager had it out for me since I was noticeably pregnant. It's just a big, bad ordeal. The training was terrible and when I tried to talk to her about it, she ignored what I said and redirected back to me, as if it was my fault. Through the failed training on their part, the work that I was getting and doing would come back incorrectly and instead of trying to make me understand again, they'd teach me something new. Makes sense, right? Obviously. And of course, let's train someone something new on a Friday afternoon so that they can work on it for a few hours and come back, hoping to make sense of their notes on Monday. Then because I took time off to get married, which was pre-approved before I started the job, that put me behind to be on the floor so I believe they were trying to rush me. She also kept throwing that in my face. If I did one thing incorrectly, it was completely held against me. Not only that, I was having difficulty concentrating and remembering things easily, which I believe has a lot to do with the anemia I found out I had the following Wednesday. I was constantly chewing on ice, rapid heartbeat, difficulty breathing, extremely pale and tired and just that lack of focus. When we had our last alone meeting, the manager asked me what was wrong with me. It seemed I just couldn't focus. I explained to her the week before that I thought I had a bad case of pregnancy brain. I even started crying. Didn't phase her. She'd been threatening me for weeks that it would be my last. So she caused a lot of stress and tension for me that made the job even worse and somewhat harder for me. So our very last meeting, she asks me again why I can't focus. The trainers seem to think I can't focus. These mistakes I'm making are things that shouldn't have been done. (Mind you, they were made for the very first time.) Explaining myself and telling her that I tried my hardest with the training I've received, I would do the work feeling good about it and having it just come back wrong. I was there and putting myself into the work. I was applying myself. She scowled at me and told me that she didn't know if it was my pregnancy or what but the focus just wasn't there. And maybe this wasn't the job for me. The same thing I heard every week for the last month. This is the same woman who proceeded to argue with me via e-mail because I was switching to a new OB doctor and had to be squeezed in for an appointment. She told me to reschedule it, that I didn't pick an early or late enough appointment. I explained I asked for the earliest or latest and that the appointment they gave me was the best possible. I also had to explain that it would be 5 weeks since my last prenatal and it was important that I went. She was not happy and was going to try to force me to make up hours. (I have a copy of this e-mail conversation. It's sad.) So I believe this job set me up to fail so that they could fire me.
We're in an extreme tight spot right now but my loving husband assures me we'll get through this. <3
We finally switched doctors! Best news yet. This new doctor seems very nice, concerned and knowledgeable. We couldn't ask for anything better in a doctor. We got our glucose test done. Everything came back great! Yay! Blood work did show I was anemic so we've added iron as a daily supplement per doctor orders. Addilyn's due date has been changed to December 1st. (I feel like it's changed 20 times. Haha.) My measurement was 25 so we are growing right on track. Another thing to note that was great is my blood pressure. It was 110's/70's which shocked me beyond all belief. (I still don't know if I believe it.)
Here's our bad news from the new doctor: I'm considered high risk. We will have to do an ultrasound at every appointment to check on her growth to make sure she continues to grow. This is due to my hypertension. We are also seeing a high risk pregnancy specialist soon.
I also had a few fun trips to the dentist. We got my main issues taken care of. I want to make sure that everything I can control to make my body as best as possible for Addilyn is done. I've also got daddy going to the dentist after many, many years. This is something that needs to be set in motion so it can become routine for our daughter. I don't want it to be foreign like it was for me when I was younger. We couldn't afford the dental care, it wasn't a big deal and kids weren't taught what they are now.
Daddy finally got to feel Addilyn kick him. She is breech so her position makes her usually kick me in one certain spot that I cannot even get outside my belly. But I've noticed she will move sometimes and kick closer to my belly button, making it available for him to feel. I had to warm him up to it by setting a remote on my belly and letting him watch her rock it by kicking it as hard a she could. She's so strong! I loved his expression when he finally felt it. He had been bummed for a while because he couldn't.
I'm finally starting to put on some pregnancy weight. I'm really enjoying it. I've gained about 10-13 pounds.
Now for fun stuff! She finally had her anatomy scan done at almost 25 weeks.
0 comments on "Addilyn's August ultrasound"
Post a Comment