Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

First NST!


I had about two hours of sleep. I felt pretty crappy but we went. I got up, ate some peanut butter Capt'n Crunch and took a shower. After dressing and waiting for Daddy to finish his routine, we went.

I was afraid Addilyn was going to not cooperate and sleep. Oh no. She was rockin' and rollin'. She was ready to have this done.


Of course, I asked Daddy to take a picture and he takes the most unflattering ones there are. But alas, there's me and my puffy face. We're in a nice, comfy chair and just listening to her heart go for about 20 or so minutes.

After the nurse verified with the doctor that everything looked okay, we moved on to a room. (Of course, after a urine sample, weight and BP check. BP was 128/78 or so. Urine was great.)

I had my TDap about 4 weeks ago so I requested a flu shot. They sure didn't wait to give me that. l bled a lot apparently,

My doctor was out this week, so we saw a new one. And for the two minutes we saw her, I believe we had to wait an hour. It was awful. She was short with us. Very rushed. Said the baby measured just fine. At least we see our doctor again on Tuesday.

Here's an update on other things:


Daddy took a picture of me cuddled up to a Hello Kitty we got the baby. I wanted to put my scent on it and he thought he was being sneaky. He decided to randomly text it to me. Ha.


From a few days ago but as you can see, Addilyn likes that right side. :)


And an update on the painting I'm doing for her room. 

NST are twice a week from now on. I see the doctor again on Tuesday.

I also just want to complain about filing for unemployment in Ohio. Since I got fired on 8/11/14, I still haven't received anything. I've been denied. Even after getting two letters from my doctor saying I can work. It seems I constantly have to fill out something. Hopefully this gets sorted out soon so I can help my husband catch up on bills. We haven't bought anything for the baby still that she needs. Not even diapers. 

But even with all that, nothing compares to the sad loss that occurred today. Baby Shane died, after being alive for about 4 hours. He had a terminal condition and his parents chose to keep going forward with the pregnancy. They made Shane's bucket list and completed every single thing while he was in mommy's belly. The baby had anencephaly, something I was unaware of until I read about this wonderful family. I could not do what they did. They are strong and wonderful people. Many great things will come to them. Rest in peace, little baby Shane. You were extremely loved and touched many lives.

0 comments on "First NST!"

Post a Comment

 

Our Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez