Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Our last appointment until May


Yesterday was our last appointment for 4 weeks. We don't go back until the 2nd week of May. By then, my first trimester will be about over. Let me tell you, I'm ready for this trimester to be over and head to the smooth sailing second. Or so I've read it's better. Here's crossing my fingers!

Why am I crossing my fingers? Because my boobs are insanely sore, full and heavy. I'm pretty sure I've gained a cup size already. I'm getting extremely nauseous. I can't eat anything and I haven't been hungry. Of course, Jacob really tells me I need to eat and I know I do... I just can't. But I still try. My tastes have changed again. Things I could eat, I can't. That's okay, I read an article the nausea and morning sickness means a lower chance of having a miscarriage! We'll take it! It's also a sign of reduced risk of preterm birth and low birth weight. You can read this article here.

I had gained a few pounds and now I've dropped then back down and then a couple. Yet my belly is so bloated and I feel like it sticks out as if I'm 5 months pregnant.

Right now I'm dealing with the mumps scare here. I don't know if I've had both shots and I'm extremely scared. I'm doing everything I can to save this baby and avoid anything that could cause me to lose it. This is our pride and joy. We've never been more happy.

We experienced a little crazy spell last weekend due to stressing out about trying to plan a wedding. I literally had a melt down which built some tension between Jacob and I but we overcame that. No matter what, the point of the wedding is us being in love and wanting to be together forever. And that's what we're going to do. We have decided to settle for a little elope with my grandparents there and maybe plan a big thing for our 5 or 10 year anniversary. I can't believe I was so selfish about it before. Luckily, I have Jacob to keep us thinking straight and keep me from going crazy or stressing out. He's my best friend and the most wonderful person in the world.

After explaining this to my grandma, she was okay with it. We'd get married on a Friday and celebrate on Saturday. We accepted that. It sounded like a great plan.

Then she came back and said my Aunt Marlene really wanted us to get married at her home and she would decorate. Grandpa wanted to buy the catering. I already planned on making the mini wedding cake and cupcakes. I asked my brother to photograph the wedding and he agreed to help out also! So far, we were looking at a really cheap option. Also, this way I could have around 40 guests to help us celebrate our love. I was still happy with the other choice but we were excited to find out my family wanted us to enjoy a better ceremony. I am so thankful for my family, as well as Jacob. This also tickled him pink. Now we just have to come up with a dress, shoes, a tux and gas money to get there. This has been another exciting welcome in our life! We've even picked a date. We're getting married on June 14th, 2014.

Another date we actually have set is a DUE DATE! We're looking at December 5th or 6th. Here's our little bean now.


0 comments on "Our last appointment until May"

Post a Comment

 

Our Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez