Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Happy April Fool's Day?


Today was a terrible day. Jacob and I both have experienced a roller coaster of emotions. We're confused about today's events. Let me explain.

We went to the doctor and had no idea that I'd be getting a pap smear. The nurse told me I was and I said, "What? I hope not. I'm pregnant." Then she reassured me that's what needed to happen. We were testing for any diseases or anything else that could be found through a pap. The doctor finished the exam and while washing her hands, tells me she'll see me in 4 weeks. Then I mention the ultrasound and she mentions she forgot.

We go to do the ultrasound and she's having difficulty finding the baby. She mentions my lining is thick and that my hCG level was 94 last time. She starts searching around and notices a pocket where possibly my tube on the right side is. (Remember the pain I mentioned? This is key here.) The only catch is my pain had been on the left side mostly and barely on the right.

Two things are brought up. A tubal (ectopic) pregnancy or a possible blighted ovum. This confuses me because everything was fine the last time we looked. I was given a date and everything. I express this concern and she is just as confused as us and has no real answer. She tries to retaliate by saying it's great because that means with only one cycle of Clomid, we can try again. I don't want to hear this. Neither does Jacob. We're both in tears.

She decides to have my blood drawn to test my hCG levels and we should come back tomorrow to see my actual doctor with her. My blood gets drawn, we set the appointment and leave, only to find more tears.

After a nap, I receive a call from the doctor's office. It's a nurse. She tells me my hCG levels are increasing and asks if I plan to keep the baby. I try to hold back the tears, as confused as I am, and tell her the tubal news. She's dumbfounded and mentions my levels wouldn't have increased like this but goes quiet. Then asks how I'm doing. I tell her I'm holding on and thank her for her concern. She explains she's there 5 days a week and I can call to talk to her anytime.

Confused by this news, Jacob and I talk and decide not get our hopes up until the appointment tomorrow.

But the twist of another call comes in. It's the nurse practitioner. She calls to let me know that my levels went from 94 to over 1,000 and that's great. Also, she mentions my lining again. She said my situation stumped her and the only thing she could think of was my cycle was off and I'm not as far along as we thought. She changes my appointment to Thursday to check my hCG levels again and then a possible ultrasound on Friday.

Is this good news? Should we be given false hope? Should I be scared for my life? I don't know what to think from here. What is the first ultrasound of then? What did we originally see? So many unanswered questions at this time is not a good place for both of us, especially after the day we've had.

One thing remains certain: I have been blessed with the most wonderful guy in the world. He keeps me sane and knows how to keep us both strong, even when I'm at my weakest point. I couldn't be more happy.

0 comments on "Happy April Fool's Day?"

Post a Comment

 

Our Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez